SANE27 Program Objectives
SANE27 Program Objectives:
The capacity and capability of the Albanian Environmental Ministry and other
institutions to prepare for EU Chapter 27 negotiations is strengthened.
Main Components of the program are:
- Preparation for Chapter 27 Screening, and
- Strategic Planning for Chapter 27 Negotiations.
1.The Ministry and other Chapter 27 institutions are supported for Ch.27 Screening.
- Needs for Chapter 27 strategic planning identified, and process is in place to deliver
the required planning documents.
Summary of so far achieved outcomes:
- Screening Preparatory Assessment of 73 main EU directives and regulations relevant for Chapter 27 in regard to their level of transposition, implementation and administrative capacity;
- Need Assessment Documents for Chapter 27 identifying main needs to close identified gaps for the main 73 EU directives and legislations presented in project fiches for technical assistance;
- Procedures of the inter-institutional working group for Chapter 27 “Environment and Climate Change”;
- Communication Guideline Document;
- Preparing draft answers for the screening questions for the sub-chapters Waste, Industrial Pollution and Control and Air; Providing numerous trainings on preparation for EU negotiation, screening process and requirements on different EU directive and regulation;